Colorado Springs Garage Floors currently has an opening for a Garage Floor Installer – Train on the Job with Us.
Garage Floor Installer Job Description
The duties and responsibilities of a Garage Floor Installer with Colorado Springs Garage Floors, center on installing varying sizes of garage floors, along with other concrete flooring refinishing and polishing.
Colorado Springs Garage Floors is looking for detailed individuals to be trained as garage floor installers. You will mainly be prepping and installing polyaspartic garage floors, porches, basements, patios and commercial property also. Also we provide concrete polishing services.
Experience is helpful but not necessary as long as you are willing to be trained and are willing to learn.
Responsibilities of Garage Floor Installer
- Prepping and Installing Polyaspartic flooring and concrete polishing
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers. Customer service is a huge priority for Colorado Springs Garage Floors
- Maintains job and product integrity, as we pride ourselves on the high-quality job we do
- Comply with the safety regulations
- Keep workplace and trailer clean and organized. This includes maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times by sweeping, cleaning and removing trash
- Assists as needed with documenting jobs before, during and after by taking photos and videos
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Strive to meet and exceed installation timelines and requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Requirements of Garage Floor Installer
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Problem Solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Working with a team and teamwork is a must
- Measure and mix materials necessary for the job
- Reads and follows product instructions and application guides
- Must have a smartphone and have access to Gmail, google calendar, text and perhaps other tools used by the company for communication
Physical Requirements of Garage Floor Installer
- Flooring – Must be good with your hands to learn how to hand grind and use a walk behind grinder, filling and repairing cracks and divots in the concrete, learn to cut in and roll out with brush and roller as we apply Polyaspartic floor coatings. Learn how to distribute flake texture onto wet Polyaspartic in different proportions and learn how to walk in spike shoes
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 55 pounds, kneeling or working on stools, etc.). This is manual labor
- Load and unload equipment, tools and supplies from trailer to job site, and back
Measure and mix materials necessary for the job
Character Requirements of Garage Floor Installer
- On time to work
- Team Player
- Can listen and follow instructions
- Respects self and others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pride in workmanship
Other Requirements for Garage Floor Installer Position
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from jobs (own or have access to a vehicle)
- You will be reporting to work in different parts of Colorado Springs and the surrounding area
- Have a working smart phone which can receive phone calls, voicemail, and receive and send text messages
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- You must be dependable and reliable
What we provide
- Hourly pay begins at $15 per hour. There is room for adjustments after training depending upon job performance
- Training program
- Safe working environment
This is a part time to full time position without guaranteed hours. We are busier in the good weather and business slows a bit in the winter months. We typically work Monday-Saturday, but workers can be rotated out of schedule as needed if we have the staff. Hours vary by job.
Please text Steven at 719-359-7312
Colorado Springs Garage Floors is a family-run business with years of experience installing custom floor coating in garages and buildings of all sizes. We specialize in custom garage floors but also offer other residential and commercial floor coatings.
Colorado Springs Garage Floors installs the new generation of fast-curing, two-component Polyaspartic Coatings. These high-quality materials are light stable and highly resistant to UV exposure. It has excellent abrasion, impact and wear resistance, and heat resistant (hot tire pickup) properties. Excellent ultraviolet characteristics, good chemical resistance, and High Temp performance (to 300F). Fast cure and low odor.